Originally formed in the mid 1800's, the Elora Fire Brigade call the old Drill Shed which was located in the towns market square home till 1900 when the new City Hall building was build in the same location. A two story biuilding with a bell tower was now home to the horse drawn steamer Elora had as its pumper. The building was used only a short while where in the 1950's the department abandoned the buiding. Later in the 1960's the building was removed and a new town hall was constructed on the site which is now home to the most recently renewed Civic Centre at 1 McDonald Sq, Elora. The current home of the fire hall was constructed in 1987 and remains as home today. The Departments Amagamted in 1999 when Fergus and Elora Townships joined together to creat the Centre Wellington Township and thus the name of Centre Wellington Fire Department.